Sunday, March 2, 2014

So I made a rule when I took all my locomotives out of storage about 6 months ago....everything I made back in the 80's and 90's would be repaired and essentially restored to include DCC, but I would not bash any of my old stuff and remake it.

I have now decided to break that rule with 2 locomotives that I just don't like.  1 is a Mantua C430 and the other is an AHM C424.  I've just never liked either of them and it's been bothering me lately that I had no ideas for them but I did want to do something.

So what I did was to go on ebay and order 3 Dash 8-40BW cabs.  I plan to cut the cabs off the C430, C424 and also a C628 that I have yet to do anything with.

Do I care that it represents no known prototype?  Yes, that's why I'm doing it.  I've decided that pretty much everything I make from now on will be some sort of monstrously ridiculous creation made of parts that don't totally match and new parts fabricated from other materials....after all that's what makes this fun in the first place.

I'll post some pictures in about a week....

No comments:

Post a Comment