Thursday, October 23, 2014

Cricut Explore and Decal Cutting

Cricut Explore and Decal Cutting


I've been experimenting with my Cricut Explore and cutting decals.  One of the things I decided to do on my new railroad was to have huge numbers on the side of each locomotive.  This accomplishes something important....namely makes it easy for me to see the number of the locomotive I want to work with.

There really aren't any decent ready made decals to do what I want to do so I decided I would give my Cricut Explore a shot at cutting numbers on blank white water slide decal paper.

First I tried printing a yellow box and cutting out the numbers so I could have them all be yellow.  This didn't really work out because once you clear coat the decals, solvaset has a tough time forming them.  So I decided to take the path of least resistance and make them white.  I'm quite pleased with the results.

In the future I'll revisit colored cuts, but for now take a look at my white numbers....

One note:  working with decals much larger than normal poses its own challenges.  Never use solvaset until you are sure you have the decals in position, if you do you'll be doing it over.

Here's some pix.....




No comments:

Post a Comment